A DIY Cranberry Lime Body Scrub Recipe For Dry SkinDecember 09, 2016
This winter, kick built up dead skin cells and dry skin to the curb thanks to some gentle exfoliation with our seasonally-scented DIY cranberry lime sugar scrub. We share how to make it, below.
As the temperature outside starts to plunge and the humidity levels lower, we have one thing on our mind: exfoliation. Not only can weekly exfoliation help keep seasonal dry skin at bay, it can make way for skin hydrators—think: body butters, lotion, coconut oil, and so on—to do their job more effectively. To kick off the winter season, we’re drawing inspiration from one of our favorite seasonal berries and whipping up a DIY cranberry lime sugar scrub. Perfect for homemade holiday gifts or at-home spa days, this gentle exfoliator can help slough off dry, dead skin cell buildup from skin’s surface and leave you with skin that looks and feels softer, smoother, well-nourished, and hydrated. Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
● 1 cup white sugar
● 1 dash lime juice
● 1 tablespoon pureed organic cranberries
● 1 teaspoon honey
● ¾ cup coconut oil
● 1 air-tight container
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice, cranberry juice, honey, and coconut oil.
- Pour in one cup of white sugar and mix.
- Once all the ingredients are combined, add the sugar scrub to an airtight container and store in a dry area or use it right away.
HOW TO USE IT:
- Before hopping in the shower or bath, apply the sugar scrub to your dry skin in upward circular motions, paying close attention to your knees, elbows, and anywhere else on your body that may need it.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Follow up with a skin hydrating body butter or lotion.