Skin-toberfest: The Beauty Benefits of Beer Plus a DIY Beer Bath Recipe
At Skincare.com, we are all about finding any and every excuse to celebrate the holidays with a side of— you guessed it— skin care. And this fall, we are all about celebrating the ode to all things ale, Oktoberfest! Celebrate our skin care version of the popular German festival with the DIY beer bath recipe, below.
Beer baths are nothing new to the skin care world—in fact, whole establishments dedicated to the soaks have been frequented by locals and tourists alike all over Central Europe for ages. The yeast in beer is said to have vitamins—specifically vitamin B—minerals and antioxidants which make it the perfect complement to a bath. Soaking in a beer bath is not only a calming way to celebrate this German tradition, it is a way for your body to relish in some of the skin benefiting vitamins and antioxidants found in your favorite brew! So, crack open a cold one, sit back, relax, and partake in skin-toberfest with our relaxing DIY bath soak:
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
• 1 bottle of your favorite brew (room temperature)
• 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
• 1-2 cups of Epsom salt
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
1. Fill your bathtub up with warm water— careful not to make it too hot, as hot water can have drying effects on the skin.
2. Run your jar of coconut oil under warm water to melt the oil. Coconut oil is a hydration powerhouse and soaking in a bath with it can help to nourish, hydrate, and soothe the skin.
3. Add in two tablespoons of coconut oil and 1-2 cups of Epsom salt.
4. Pour room temperature beer into the bath and stir the water with your hand to ensure that all ingredients have mixed together.
5. Sit back and relax for 15-20 minutes.