21 Amazing Face Masks for All Different Skin Types & Concerns
Contrary to what you may think, not all face masks are created equal—especially for those of us with varying skin concerns. From blemish-prone and oily to dry and sensitive skin types, we share a roundup of the best face masks from the L’Oreal portfolio of Brands, for all different skin types and concerns, here.
Depending on how you look at it, choosing the best face mask for your skin type or concern can be a difficult task. With so many offerings, how will you know if your selection is the right one for you and your skin concerns? If a friend recommended it, great—but, do they have the same skin type or concerns as you? Not always—and, from our personal experiences, not usually. Looking for an amazing face mask that can target your concerns and is formulated for your skin type? Look no further. Our Skincare.com beauty editors have made the process a breeze by sharing our picks of some of the best face masks—from L’Oreal’s portfolio of brands—for every skin type and concern!
FACE MASKS FOR OILY SKIN
When it comes to oily skin types, we recommend reaching for a face mask that can deep cleanse the complexion and reduce the appearance of some of that excess oil and shine. Here are some of our favorites:
- L’Oréal Paris Pure-Clay Purify & Mattify Treatment Mask: Formulated with clay and eucalyptus, this drugstore face mask can purify the pores and remove excess oil from the surface of the skin. The result? Skin that appears deeply cleansed and mattified.
- Vichy Mineral Pore Purifying Clay Mask: Formulated with two ultra-fine white clays and Vichy’s exclusive Mineralizing Thermal Water, this drugstore face mask can help to draw out impurities, eliminate the look of excess sebum, and promote a softer-looking complexion.
- The Body Shop Seaweed Oil-Balancing Clay Mask: Formulated with mineral-rich seaweed from Roaring Water Bay, Ireland, this Oil-Balancing Clay Mask from The Body Shop can reduce the look of excess oil and refresh the complexion upon application.
FACE MASKS FOR DRY SKIN
Dry skin needs all the hydration it can get—so, we always look for face masks that can help replenish moisture overnight. Here are some of our top picks for overnight masks that can leave the skin feeling ultra nourished and hydrated:
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Sink-In Moisture Mask: Formulated with the brand’s Community Trade soya oil from Brazil, this Moisture Mask has a creamy gel-type consistency and can relieve and comfort ultra dry skin upon application.
- Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Overnight Hydrating Mask: Formulated with desert plant and glacial proteins, this overnight mask from Kiehl’s can provide the skin with a boost of nourishing hydration and leave it feeling ultra soft, smooth, and replenished.
- Vichy Quenching Mineral Face Mask: Formulated with vitamin B3 and Vichy’s exclusive Mineralizing Thermal Water, this soothing face mask can provide skin with a boost of hydration.
FACE MASKS FOR CONGESTED SKIN
When it comes to skin that’s congested, we want a face mask that can provide the complexion with a deep and effective cleanse, minimize excess oil buildup, and purify the pores. Here are some of our favorites:
- L’Oréal Paris Pure-Clay Detox & Brighten Treatment Mask: Formulated with clay and charcoal, this drugstore face mask from L’Oréal Paris can work to remove dirt and other impurities from the surface of the skin and leave it feeling deeply cleansed and detoxed.
- The Body Shop Mineral and Ginger Warming Massage Clay Mask: Formulated with kaolin clay from Cornwall, England, this Warming Massage Clay Mask can deeply cleanse the skin, draw out impurities, and revitalize the complexion.
- Kiehl’s Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Mask: Formulated with soothing oatmeal, aloe, and white clay to gently draw out excess oil, dirt, and other pore-clogging impurities, this deep cleaning face mask can purify the skin and minimize the look of pores.
FACE MASKS FOR AGING SKIN
Aging skin requires a facial mask that can help restore your complexion’s radiance, minimize the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, protect the skin from environmental aggressors, and more. Some of our favorites include:
- Lancôme Énergie De Vie Night Mask: Formulated with goji berry, lemon, vitamin E, and a host of other antioxidants this energizing facial mask can promote a fresher, more youthful-looking complexion.
- Kiehl’s Cilantro & Orange Extract Pollutant Defending Mask: Formulated with cilantro and orange extract, this replenishing facial mask can help defend the skin from skin aging aggressors and promote a more youthful-looking appearance.
- SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Masque: Formulated with hyaluronic acid and vitamin B5, this replenishing face mask from SkinCeuticals hydrates and promotes a softer, smoother, more supple-looking complexion.
FACE MASKS FOR SENSITIVE SKIN
When it comes to sensitive skin types, you want a face mask that is gentle yet effective. Here are some of our must-try picks:
- SkinCeuticals Phyto Corrective Masque: Formulated with highly-concentrated botanical extracts, a calming dipeptide, and hyaluronic acid, this soothing face mask from SkinCeuticals can cool the complexion and provide it with a boost of calming hydration.
- The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Rescue Cream Mask: Formulated with the brand’s Community Trade aloe from Campeche, Mexico, this creamy face mask can provide a boost of soothing hydration upon application.
- Kiehl’s Calendula & Aloe Soothing Hydration Mask: Formulated with hand-picked calendula flower petals, this soothing hydration mask can provide skin with a boost of nourishment and cooling hydration upon application.
FACE MASKS FOR DULL SKIN
Think you can’t target dull skin with face masks? Think again! There are many radiance-boosting face masks available that can help brighten the look of the skin. Here are some of our favorites:
- The Body Shop Amazonian Acai Energizing Radiance Mask: Formulated with the brand’s Community Trade Babassu Oil from Brazil, this radiance-boosting face mask can recharge the skin and target visible signs of tiredness and stress.
- Kiehl’s Turmeric & Cranberry Seed Energizing Radiance Mask: Formulated with turmeric and cranberry seed, this Energizing Radiance Mask from Kiehl’s can gently exfoliate the skin to promote a more radiant-looking complexion.
- Vichy Double Glow Peel Face Mask: Formulated with volcanic rocks and AHA fruit acids, this drugstore face mask can gently exfoliate dead skin cell buildup, refine its texture, and promote a more luminous-looking complexion.
FACE MASKS FOR ROUGH SKIN
Rough skin requires a face mask that can exfoliate and hydrate and is formulated to promote a softer, smoother, more radiant-looking complexion. Here are some of our top picks:
- L’Oréal Paris Pure-Clay Exfoliate & Refining Treatment Mask: Formulated with clay and red algae, this drugstore face mask can exfoliate the surface of the skin for a more refined look.
- Biotherm Skin Best Wonder Mud: Formulated with mineral clay, this 3-minute face mask can deeply cleanse the skin and promote a smoother-looking texture.
- Decléor Orexcellence Energy Concentrate Youth Mask: Formulated with hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, and a keratolytic complex to stimulate exfoliation, this energizing face mask from Decléor can promote a softer, more youthful-looking complexion.
After selecting the face masks that best match your skin type and concerns, it’s time to multi-mask. Multi-masking is a great way to incorporate face masks into your beauty routine on a more personalized level, as you can dictate what areas of the complexion each mask targets. For instance, if you have dry cheeks that are rough in texture and a congested t-zone and chin that could use a little deep cleaning, you may consider selecting an exfoliating face mask for your cheeks and a deep cleaning face mask for your T-zone and chin. Once you’ve made your selection, apply the masks to the designated areas in a patchwork formation. For more information on how to multi-mask, check out our step-by-step guide.