DIY Peppermint Tea Bath With Green Tea and Epsom Salts
Whether you’re drinking it or soaking in it, mint tea can be a great—and aromatic—way to relax—and relaxation is one of our favorite pillars of skin care. (After all, stress can take a serious toll on our complexion!) Ahead, we share a DIY peppermint tea bath soak to help you unwind this fall!
When we think of mint tea, we think of cuddling up by the fireplace in a big cozy fall sweater and sipping on a relaxing cup of freshly-brewed peppermint tea. Sounds nice, right? If you don’t have a fireplace, don’t worry… there’s more to mint tea than being an accessory to your cozy, relaxing evening. Sipping on a cup of mint tea— or, better yet, soaking in it— is an equally amazing way to relax. When combined with green tea and Epsom salt, you’ve got yourself a homemade bath soak that can awaken your senses and relax your body and mind! So, what are you waiting for? Make a large batch and keep it in a big crystal vase by your tub, package it up and give the gift of Zen, or make a single use batch and soak the night away.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
• 2 tablespoons of loose leaf peppermint tea
• 1 tablespoon of loose leaf green tea
• 1-2 cups of Epsom salt
• 1 empty large loose leaf tea filter
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
1. In a small bowl, combine two tablespoons of loose leaf peppermint tea with 1 tablespoon of loose leaf green tea and mix.
2. Gently pour the tea mixture into the empty loose leaf tea filter and tie a knot at the top to close.
3. Draw yourself a nice, relaxing warm bath.
4. While the bath is filling, pour in one to two cups of Epsom salt and gently place the tea filter (filled with loose leaf green and peppermint tea) in the bath. The tea filter makes things less messy, but if you prefer, you may sprinkle the tea leaves into the bath without the tea filter.
5. Let the tea steep in the bath water for about 10 minutes before taking the tea filter out and disposing.
6. Sit back, relax, and let the invigorating aroma of mint tea de-stress your mind and relax your body.
Editor’s tip: Give this mint tea bath soak as a gift by combining Epsom salt and the loose leaf teas in an airtight jar and attaching a small wooden spoon and extra tea filters to the jar with a piece of ribbon or string.