Summer Send-Off: 12 Labor Day Weekend Beauty Must-Haves
Long weekends call for backyard BBQs, lazy days lounging by the pool, and cocktails al fresco. This Labor Day weekend, come prepared by storing these beauty must-haves in your bag. Whether you’re reveling in the final days of Summer 2018 down the shore or you’re just taking it easy and kicking it near home with friends, the 12 beauty must-haves below are sure to come in handy.
With LDW being the official unofficial end of summer, it’s only natural you’re going to plan to be outside soaking up some sun. Be sun smart and wear a sunscreen with broad-spectrum SPF 30 or more—we like La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 when we’re spending extra time outdoors. Up the ante by sporting the latest innovation in wearable technology, My UV Patch. The tiny heart sticks to your skin and transfers data to an app on your smartphone, telling you approximately how much UV exposure you’ve been subject to over the course of the day. Learn more about My UV Patch here!
Glowing > Greasy
Luminous, glowing skin is always in… greasy skin on the other hand, well, we’d prefer to kiss that kind of shine goodbye. Since the heat and humidity of summer haven’t left the building quite yet, keep a few mattifying products on hand to absorb some of that excess oil on the spot and keep you looking fresh. Our favorites include:
- La Roche-Posay Serozinc – a face mist toner formulated with zinc sulfate to help reduce the appearance of shine.
- Urban Decay De-Slick – a makeup setting spray that helps to give your glam a long-lasting matte finish.
- NYX Professional Makeup Blotting Papers – three different blotting paper options available with one goal in mind: getting rid of that unwanted midday shine.
If that fun in the sun has you feeling a little heated, chill out with a cooling and comforting face mask like the new Phyto Corrective Masque from SkinCeuticals. The green gel-textured face mask cools on contact to help restore radiant-looking skin. It’s the perfect addition to your skin care routine, especially if you spent a long day in the sun, have been traveling, or swimming laps in the pool and need to give your skin a little love.
Before you put those short-shorts and flowy dresses in storage, use LDW as a chance to rock these summer styles one last time. The best accessory to pair with your short hemline? Bronzed legs, of course! Get a sun-free bronze from head to toe with a self-tanner.
Glam On the Go
Your skin is protected, shine-free, calm, cool, and collected, so it’s time to glam things up. Go for a minimal makeup look that won’t melt in the heat. We love:
- Foundation: Giorgio Armani Maesro Glow
- Concealer: Dermablend Quick Fix Concealer
- Blush & Highlight: L’Oreal Paris True Match Lumi Powder Glow Illuminator
- Mascara: Lancôme Grandiôse Extrême
- Lips: Maybelline Baby Lips Glow Balm
For more melt-proof makeup picks check out our favorite beach makeup must-haves!