Fizzy Charcoal Lemonade Recipe Inspired By Beauty Recipes From Nature
There’s a reason why so many skin care brands have turned the spotlight on charcoal. With the ability to act as a magnet to pore-clogging dirt and debris, products formulated with charcoal help to cleanse skin and purify the pores. In honor of this stellar skin care ingredient, we are sharing one of our favorite charcoal-formulated skin care products, along with a thirst-quenching fizzy charcoal lemonade recipe it inspired below!
THE MASK: THE BODY SHOP HIMALAYAN CHARCOAL PURIFYING GLOW MASK
Formulated with Himalayan bamboo charcoal, Japanese green tea leaves, and The Body Shop’s Community Trade tea tree oil from Kenya, the Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask is inspired by ancient Ayurveda. It helps to decongest and refine the appearance of pores to help reveal a radiant-looking glow. The cooling, tingling mud mask helps to draw out impurities and excess oils from the skin’s surface, gently exfoliate away dead skin cell buildup, and leave you with a fresh looking complexion. Use it all over your complexion for a weekly cleanse or try it in a multi-masking recipe to target specific areas of skin.
For more on The Body Shop’s Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask ($28) and the other Expert Face Masks in the Beauty Recipes from Nature collection, check out our full product review, here.
While the mud mask gets to work why not sip on a little lemonade recipe inspired by its formula?
THE MEAL: FIZZY CHARCOAL LEMONADE
There’s perhaps nothing as refreshing and tart as a tall glass of chilled lemonade. Add in a little activated charcoal and fancy things up a bit by making the lemonade a little fizzy! So, what are you waiting for? Those lemons aren’t going to squeeze themselves!
What You’ll Need:
- 16 ounces of unflavored seltzer water
- Juice of 2 lemons
- ¼ teaspoon of activated charcoal
- Lemon slices for garnish
- Raw honey or organic maple syrup to sweeten (optional)
- 20-ounce pitcher
- Fill your pitcher about halfway with ice.
- Pour seltzer water, lemon juice, and activated charcoal into pitcher and stir.
- If you prefer a sweeter lemonade, add 1-2 tablespoons of raw honey or organic maple syrup and stir.
- Before you serve, fill a clear glass with ice and lemon slices for garnish.
- Pour lemonade into the glass, top the rim off with another lemon slice and serve.