Low-Maintenance Girls Rejoice! A Simple 3-Step Nighttime Skin Care Routine
We’ve all been there: it’s late, you’re tired, and the last thing you want to do is partake in a 10-step skin care routine, let alone brush your teeth before bed. Fortunately, by making some adjustments to the products you use and your skin care habits, you won’t have to sacrifice your skin or your bed time. Calling all low-maintenance girls, this one’s for you! We’re sharing the ultimate guide to creating a simple three-step nighttime skin care routine, below!
SWITCH TO A CLEANSER THAT CAN DO IT ALL
Cleansing your face of the day’s makeup, dirt, grime, and whatever else may be taking up residence on your skin is the first step in your evening skin care routine—but, it can also be the one step that takes the longest. From removing your makeup to rinsing your skin of both oil and water-based debris, this step could easily take up a lot of space in your medicine cabinet and in your nightly regimen. Switch to a cleanser that can tackle all of your cleansing needs, like Vichy's Pureté Thermale 3-in-1 One Step Solution Formulated with micellar technology, this cleanser can wipe away makeup and cleanse the skin of dirt and debris in one simple step. Enriched with cornflower extract and pro-vitamin B5 and Vichy’s exclusive mineralizing water from the French volcanoes, the no-rinse cleanser not only cleanses skin and removes makeup, it also helps to balance pH and hydrate skin, eliminating the need for a toner.
CHOOSE A MOISTURIZER THAT CAN TARGET YOUR SKIN CONCERNS
Targeting your skin concerns could require numerous products and a lot of time spent on your nightly skin care routine—but it doesn’t have to. Choosing a moisturizer that is formulated for dry skin, acne-prone skin, a lackluster complexion, or aging skin can both simplify your roundup of nightly products and target your skin care concerns. We share our picks for moisturizers that can target each skin concern, below.
• For Acne-Prone Skin: Vichy’s Normaderm Anti-Acne Hydrating Lotion is a lightweight, oil-free moisturizer that can hydrate the skin and target large pores, blemishes, oily complexions, and more.
• For Aging Skin: Vichy’s Lifeactiv Supreme is made for all types of aging skin and can target wrinkles, loose skin, and a lackluster complexion caused by daily aging.
• For Dry Skin: Vichy’s Aqualia Thermal Dynamic Hydration Rich Cream is formulated to replenish and lock in moisture to soothe dry skin.
• For Menopausal Skin: Vichy’s Neovadiol Compensating Complex helps to improve the appearance of sagging skin, dryness, and a loss of density and structure.
• For Dull Skin: Vichy’s Idéalia Skin Sleep is formulated with micro-exfoliating LHA and vitamin B3 and can visibly reduce the appearance of dull, lackluster skin.
KEEP A PACK OF MAKEUP REMOVER WIPES BY YOUR BEDSIDE
If there’s one thing you should never do, it’s simplify your nightly skin care routine to the point of non existence—read: fall asleep with your makeup still on. To prevent this skin care mishap from happening, leave a pack of makeup remover wipes by your bedside to ensure that even on nights when you are too tired to run through your whole routine, your skin still gets the cleanse it needs. We recommend using refreshing cleansing towelettes, like Garnier’s Clean+ Refreshing Remover Cleansing Towelettes. Formulated with grape water extract, these cleansing wipes can rinse your skin of both impurities and makeup in a few quick swipes.