The One Product That Changed My Life…Or, At Least My Skin
We all know it when we find it: a beauty product that will forever remain a staple in our routines thanks to its ability to deliver results and help to make a visible difference in the appearance of our complexion. Such is the case for the product that I feel changed my life…or at least the way my skin looked: The Body Shop’s new Drops of Youth Youth Liquid Peel. After trying out a complimentary sample from the brand, I know I’ll now be reaching for this innovative exfoliator on the regular!
The Benefits of Exfoliation
Cleansing and moisturizing are two key steps in any good skin care routine, but for a great skin care routine you'll also need to add exfoliation into the mix. Exfoliation—whether you use a physical scrub or a chemical formula with alpha-hydroxy acids or enzymes—helps to remove dead skin cell buildup from the surface of the skin. By sloughing off this dry, dull-looking buildup, skin can look more radiant and your other products can work more effectively—since that dead skin cell barrier will be gone. Want to learn more? We share everything you need to know about exfoliation here!
Drops of Youth Youth Liquid Peel
This unique gel-to-peel facial exfoliator is formulated with three potent plant stem cells—sea holly, edelweiss, and criste marine. And, like any great exfoliator, the Youth Liquid Peel helps to gently lift away dead skin cell buildup on the skin’s surface. While I love the visible results, I’m equally obsessed with the sensorial experience when using this product.
Start off with a clean complexion—the only skin care products you want to use on dirty skin are cleansers folks! Next, dry off your skin and apply two pumps of the liquid peel onto your face and massage the product for up to 20 seconds, until clumps begin to form—this part is kind of gross but it’s oh-so-satisfying. After that, use a damp cotton pad to gently wipe the gunk away from your face and voila!
For the best results we recommend using the new Youth Liquid Peel with the rest of The Body Shop’s Drops of Youth Collection:
- Drops of Youth Essence Lotion – Used after cleansing and toning, this step helps to prep your skin for the remainder of your skin care routine.
- Drops of Youth Concentrate – As the collection’s serum, this concentrate helps to leave skin feeling and looking fresh and hydrated.
- Drops of Youth Youth Cream – Every skin care routine needs a moisturizer and this light, air-whipped face cream fits the bill.
- Drops of Youth Eye Concentrate Eye Cream – This roll-on pump eye product helps to support a hydrated, awake-looking eye contour.
- Drops of Youth Bouncy Sleeping Mask – Leave this overnight mask on while you snooze to help to wake up with better-looking skin.