DIY Olive Oil Lip Scrub
Dry, flaky lips are not a cute look— especially when you have your new favorite lip color layered on top. This fall, combat dry-looking lips with our 3-ingredient DIY olive oil lip scrub. We share the how-to, below.
Think your lips are excused from dead skin buildup? Think again. Like the skin on your face and body, your lips can also experience a buildup of dry, dead skin cells, making it that much harder for your lip balms and lipsticks to do their job. Want a soft, smooth, hydrated pout? You’re going to need to exfoliate. And don’t even think about using your toothbrush! When it comes to sloughing off dead skin cells, exfoliating with a gentle lip scrub is key. Say goodbye to dead skin and hello to hydration with our DIY olive oil lip scrub recipe. Made from olive oil—duh!—raw honey, and sugar.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Small container
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, honey, raw sugar, and mix. Add extra sugar as needed.
- Fill a small container—for example: an empty and cleaned lip balm container—with the mixture and seal.
- Apply to clean lips in upward circular motions.
- Wipe off with soft lukewarm washcloth.
- Apply your favorite lip balm—we list a few must-haves here—and voilà!