How to Contour In 60 Seconds or Less
Your search for the best drugstore contour stick ends here. One beauty editor shares how NYX Professional Makeup’s Wonder Stick changed her makeup routine for good—plus, how to contour in 60 seconds or less—ahead.
As a beauty editor with access to top celebrity makeup artists and industry experts, you’d think I could pull off a red carpet-worthy contour, or at the very least, color in the lines when applying red lipstick—but, I can’t. With the exception of slapping on some BB cream and applying a coat of mascara, my makeup routine is practically non-existent. Don’t get me wrong, I love makeup—I just don’t know how to do my makeup the way that I want to (and don’t exactly have the time to figure it out). Fed up with not knowing how to contour like my fellow beauty editor friends, I did what any sensible Millennial would do: I searched the internet for video tutorials. That’s when I discovered the beauty product that would change the way I did my makeup forever. NYX Professional Makeup’s Wonder Stick is more than a drugstore contour stick that can help you achieve the perfect amount of definition and highlight—it’s a beacon of hope for those who have no idea what they’re doing (hi!) and want to learn how to contour without the time commitment. Keep reading to find out why this is the one beauty product I can’t live without, plus how to contour in 60 seconds or less.
Concealer sticks are heaven sent—seriously, what would we do without them? They’re portable, easy to use, and help mask anything from under-eye circles to blemishes. That being said, I can think of something better: a 2-in-1 concealer stick that can help you achieve a flawless-looking contour. NYX Professional Makeup’s Wonder Stick is the ultimate dynamic duo. Available in six color-coordinated shade pairings, the creamy concealer stick glides onto the complexion for a sleek-looking contour and an illuminated highlight.
After discovering this drugstore beauty product last summer, I became obsessed with mastering the art of contouring in as little time as possible—because the way I see it, the more time you spend on your makeup in the morning, the less time you have to sleep in (#priorities). What I love about the Wonder Stick from NYX Professional Makeup is that you don’t have to spend time fussing over the compatibility of the contrasting shades—the brand does it for you by pairing together color-coordinating shades in a 2-in-1 concealer stick. On top of that, the creamy formula is easy to blend on top of your BB cream or foundation and can give you a professional-looking contour. And the best part is, you don’t have to be experience the art of contour to use it. Don’t believe me? See for yourself:
HOW TO CONTOUR IN 60 SECONDS OR LESS
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
● Setting powder
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- After applying an even coat of foundation (or BB cream) to your complexion, reach for your Wonder Stick and remove the cap from the contour side (the side with the darker concealer shade).
- Apply the contouring concealer to the hallows of your cheeks, sides of your nose, jawline, and anywhere else you want to add some definition to.
- Reach for a damp beauty blending sponge and blend outward.
- Next, remove the cap from the highlighting side (the lighter shade) and apply it to the bridge of your nose, center of your forehead, cheekbones, cupid’s bow, and under your eyes in the shade of an inverted triangle.
- Using your damp beauty blending sponge, blend the highlight into your complexion until you can no longer see any seams.
- Brush on some setting powder and follow up with the rest of your makeup routine.