Virgin Watermelon Mojito Recipe: Drink Up The Beauty Benefits of Watermelon
Whether you’re enjoying a picnic in the park, barbecuing with friends in the backyard, or soaking up the sun at the beach, there’s nothing quite like snacking on watermelon on a hot summer day. Made up of mostly water, the cool, thirst-quenching melon is the perfect mix between sweet and hydrating, but that’s not all! On top of it housing a high percentage of H2O, watermelon is rich in antioxidants like lycopene—which we know to be great for skin— and potassium! While you can certainly eat it in sliced and cubes—or drink up some trendy watermelon water—we’re big fans of sipping on watermelon flavored drinks like this Watermelon Mojito! While you can certainly add a bit of rum, we’re taking our Watermelon Mojito sans-alcohol to get even more beauty benefits from this tasty drink! Perfect for your next pool party or backyard BBQ, check out our recipe for a refreshing Virgin Watermelon Mojito, below.
VIRGIN WATERMELON MOJITO RECIPE
WHAT YOU’ll NEED
- 7 cups of cubed watermelon
- A few handfuls of mint leaves
- 1 cup of fresh lime juice
- Agave nectar, to taste
- Seltzer water
- Lime for garnish
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- In a blender, puree the watermelon cubes until smooth. You can either strain two and a half cups of watermelon juice from the puree, or leave the pulp—depending on your preference.
- Add the mint leaves to your large pitcher with about ¼ cup of the watermelon juice and muddle. This will release the refreshing flavor of the mint.
- Pour in the remaining watermelon juice, along with the fresh lime juice, and agave nectar.
- Fill the pitcher with lime slices for garnish, ice, seltzer water to top it off.
Want even more refreshing recipes? Check out our favorite fruit and herb water infusions!