This DIY Ice Facial Is So Easy to Do and So Relaxing
When it comes to providing the skin with some instant relief from the summer heat, look no further than the inside of your freezer. No, we’re not talking about standing in front of it with the door wide open while your face basks in the escaping chilled air — because, we’ve all done that at one point or another, right? What we’re talking about is a fun DIY skin-care treatment: an ice facial.
Using icing your face to reap skin-care benefits is nothing new. In fact, many people store certain skin-care products in the fridge for a number of reasons, like to help with puffiness and promote ultimate relaxation. While you can use a plain old cube of ice to give yourself skin icing, we decided to up the ante a bit and have some fun. We like to create ice cubes complete with ingredients that can promote some major skin-care benefits. Our cooling cucumber ice face mask can calm your skin and leave your face feeling fresh, hydrated and cool throughout the summer.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 ice cube tray
- 2 pureed cucumbers
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 cup of green tea (brewed)
- ¼ cup honey
What You’ll Do:
1. Mix all 4 ingredients together in a medium sized mixing bowl.
2. Pour the mixture into your ice cube tray and place it in the freezer.
3. Once the cubes are frozen, take the tray out of the freezer and let it sit for about a minute (so the cubes are easier to remove and not too cold for your skin). Pop one out and place the remaining facial cubes back in the freezer for next time!
4. Rub an ice cube over your face and neck (think of this as an ice cube facial massage), avoiding your eyes and let it sit for 7-10 minutes.
5. To remove, soak a washcloth in warm water and wipe the mixture off your skin.
6. Follow up with your favorite moisturizer to lock in the hydration and reap the ice cube benefits for your face.
How to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes