DIY Hand Scrub with Himalayan Salt and Honey
Are your hands looking a bit drab lately? Give them a boost with an invigorating DIY Himalayan salt and honey hand scrub! We share the recipe, below.
If you want soft, smooth, glowing skin on any part of your body, exfoliation is key. Exfoliating your skin with a mechanical exfoliant—such as this DIY Himalayan salt and honey scrub—can help slough off dead skin cell buildup, promote a smoother skin surface, and allow your skin to receive hydrating products like hand creams . But, while it may be easy to remember to exfoliate the dry skin on your face and body, remembering to care for your hands can be a bit of a challenge. The solution? Make an exfoliating hand scrub and keep it at your kitchen or bathroom sink—that way you can better remember to give your mitts the care and attention they need.
Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- ¼ cup of melted coconut oil
- 1 cup of fine Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey
- 10-15 drops of rose essential oil
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- In a small bowl, combine melted coconut oil, raw honey, and 10-15 drops of rose essential oil.
- Next, pour in 1 cup of fine Himalayan salt and stir. If you find that the consistency is too liquid, you may add more salt. Vise versa: if it is too thick, you may add more coconut oil.
- Once everything is combined, scoop the scrub into a small airtight container or use right away!
Editor’s tip: Double the recipe and keep the small jar by your kitchen sink to remind yourself to exfoliate. Don’t forget to apply a hydrating hand cream after you scrub!
Want even more hand-care tips? We asked a celebrity manicurist to share how models care for their hands!